Monday, January 14, 2008

The "Why" in My Life


There are times that I contemplate, "Why am I working so hard to build a practice?" I have one word, "Evan." The truth is that when I see her smile and watch her learn and grow, I get it. I want so much for her and she has been teaching me how little she really needs. Food, love, laughter, learning, growing. She just wants for these basics. That is probably why I want to give her so much more. It's interesting how that works.

Anyway, what a beautiful little girl. I am so grateful and I had no idea how cool these moments would be. I want so much to teach her how to be of service to others and make a difference when in truth, her smile does more than I could ever do. I must smile more.

1 comment:

dammitlyndi said...

She is such a sweet little girl! Beautiful, and its a great photo of you aswell!