Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Passion and Enthusiasm

I was watching a video on Steve Irwin today and it got me thinking.

First, he said that he wants to be remembered for two things, passion and enthusiasm.

What do you want to be remembered for? What do I want to be remembered for?

He went on to say that he does what he does because "if we can touch people about wildlife, they want to save it. Humans want to save things that they love."

I look at Steve and I see his passion and enthusiasm. I see a real need to do what he loves. I see his desire to share his love of animals in such an enthusiastic way, that people want to tune in and have fun experiencing his world.

I think to myself, how can I bring passion and enthusiasm to the world of health. How can I share my passion for human performance with others in such a way that they will fall in love with it and transform their lives?

There are people in my field that I can model, Jack LaLanne, Richard Simmons, Billy Blanks. I just feel more of a connectedness to Steve Irwin. I just love his playful excitement and bravery. It just looks like he's having fun. Yes, I know he's dead, but his enthusiasm lives on.

I bet Evan would like a dad with that much joy for living. Ah my motivation. Hopefully my clientele will enjoy it too. Woo Hoo!!


"I have a message for my fans. Whatever you want to do in this world, it is achievable. The most important thing that I've found, that perhaps you could use, is be passionate and enthusiastic in the direction that you choose in life, and you'll be a winner."
---Crikey! What an Adventure on Animal Planet, 2007

No comments: