Monday, January 14, 2008

Be Careful What You Ask

I recently sent an email to my clientele and asked for feedback. I asked...

Please tell me 2 things that I should stop doing, 2 things I should keep doing, and 2 things I should start doing.

When I started getting the feedback, the first thing I wanted to do that I observed was react and defend. Why do we so much feel the need to hold onto our stories? I mean, it is almost as much of a risk to answer the questions as it is to ask them. Growth is funny.

I actually had people say that they were going to say that something I should stop dong is defending myself or reacting to advice. Interesting. They of course said this after I said, "I notice that my first tendency is to want to explain myself." Still funny.

Anyway, I have found this an interesting experiment in growth.

No comments: