Monday, January 28, 2008

Inspiration

A songwriter Practice Member came into the office tonight. He told me about an assignment that he had been given in his songwriting class. He was to write a song about Heath Ledger. As Rob shared his song with me I was inspired to write one too. Here it is...

Heath Ledger

Copyright © 2008 by Dr. Dale Ellwein

Don’t cry honey
It will be okay
Just take this pill
And the pain will go away

The voice is loud
It cackles in my ear
The devil is laughing
Mr. Hyde is all I hear

I’m on my way
I’ve figured it out
I try on different people
I now know what it’s about

The voice is loud
It screams in my ear
That devil and his laughter
Mr. Hyde is what I hear

I met myself the other day
It scared me to finally see
The devil just kept laughing
I guess Mr. Hyde is what I’ll be

The voice is loud
Filling my head with disarray
I take another pill

And it finally goes away

No comments: