Saturday, January 19, 2008

Today for a Better Tomorrow

One of the more important things that I heard last year is that today is the result of what you did in the past and that tomorrow is based on what you are doing today.

Wow!

This shows the key to breaking through whatever limitations that you are seeing today. The other part of this is that you should make your decisions and take your actions based on where you are going and not where you are.

This is power. This is control. The truth is that you can only control your perception and your actions. How are you looking at the world? Are you focusing and holding onto your vision? Are your actions and priorities based on your vision?

I must say that I have been wrapped up in today too much. I have heard myself saying things based on fear. My focus has been off. This is not a good thing for a leader. It is not very attractive.

People want to be around someone with vision and passion for that vision. People want to be around the action of building a better future.

One of my mentors, Dr. Bob Hoffman, used to say, "Catch on fire and the whole world will come to watch you burn." Now that's passion!

No comments: