Saturday, February 2, 2008

"Thank You for My Wealth"

This morning I was focusing on my wealth. When most people think about wealth, they think financial rewards. I honestly focus on that as well, usually. But now I am focusing on something else...

This is the definition of wealth...
1. a. An abundance of valuable material possessions or resources; riches.
b. The state of being rich; affluence.
2. All goods and resources having value in terms of exchange or use.
3. A great amount; a profusion: a wealth of advice.

What I most notice in this definition is that it is not only about material possessions, but also about resources. This is where I shine. My challenge is that I tend to focus on the material and forget about the wealth of resources that I possess.

I'll make a short list (not in any particular order)...
The love of my family
The abundance of smiles
I get from Evan
The support of a loving wife
Two fun dogs with lots of energy
My strength
My imagination and creativity
My desire to learn and grow
A home with a view
An understanding of how to restore health and vitality
Great hands
An beautiful office to work from
A core group of practice members who love me
Oodles of potential
Desire
Focus
Joy
Integrity
Understanding
and much more.

Even when I have tremendous financial wealth, if I lack any of the above list, my life will not be as full and enjoyable. Once again, it all comes down to focus and perspective.

No comments: