Sunday, February 24, 2008

Breaking Through

This weekend I participated in the Breakthrough Experience. Wow!!

The voice is an amazing way to breakthrough your stuff. Here is kind of what it is all about. I understand that it is a personal experience, so it is really different for everyone...

Singing is a way to totally express your joy and love for life. Another way to put this is that it is a way to shine your godliness. This is why it is such a shifting process to go through. Any time that you bring out your best, you must grow and shift. It is not really about singing great (whatever that is), but it is about going all out and shining bright.

So this is what I got from this weekend for myself.

The song that I was given is a Joe Cocker cover of My Love Is Alive. In order to really belt this rocking song out, I had to stand in my power. What I mean is that I needed to let the power of myself channel through my voice. I must say that this is a very uncomfortable place for me. I understand that I have a great deal of power, however, for me there tends to be some shame in being powerful. When I reflect on this a little deeper, I recognize that I have not been celebrating the power of my work. There are miracles that happen every week, sometimes every day, in my office, under my hands, and I treat it so matter of factly.

For instance, there was a little girl who came in a got adjusted once and her allergies went away. This is miraculous. What does medicine have to offer this kid? The truth is that I was not treating the girl for allergies. I was caring for her and her body healed. Miraculous!! People come in for care and they sleep better, they have a brighter outlook on life, their attitude shifts, they smile more, their digestion improves, and yes, their pain goes away. We're saving lives here and I have been just hohumming it as if it is no big deal. It is a big deal and I am so grateful. This weekend opened me up to get excited about the miracles again!!!

So what would you get out of something like this? I have no idea, but any time that you stretch into expressing your joy and love, great things happen. I highly recommend that you go on this journey with me next time. Thank you Mick and Tess and all of my other Breakthrough Buddies. You Rock!!!

No comments: