Sunday, April 13, 2008

Remember You're Having Fun

Recently, I forgot something. In fact, it was something very important to the enjoyment of life. I forgot that I was having fun.

I forgot that I am doing what I love to do.

I forgot how blessed I am.

Have you ever forgotten that life is fun? What happened?

If you are like me, you got depressed. You got grumpy. You felt like running away.

Do you ever get like that?

What is your strategy for breaking free of that feeling?

Here is what I do (in no particular order)...

  • Check my food - What am I eating. If I am eating a lot of sugar or bread, or I am missing taking my vitamins, I am probably going to forget that I am having fun.
  • Check my "what I like" list - Here is a link to my list. Do you have a list? Make one. It was really good to check my list. I actually added to it. Then I scheduled a day trip with my family.
  • Check my gratitude. Have I been being grateful? Have I looked at all that I am grateful for in life? Have you looked at your life for all that you are grateful for?
After doing these things, my attitude shifted. I came to realize that I am doing what I love to do. I started to recognize the joy and fun in my life again. I understood that life is a marathon and not a sprint. It is up to me whether I enjoy the jog or not.

I hope that this helped at least one of you. I highly recommend writing the "what I like list" for yourself. Also, I have some classes coming up about blood sugar and vitamins. Make a point to be there.

Happy re-realized and appreciative again, Dr. Dale.

No comments: