Monday, April 7, 2008

New Disc Golf Best

Many of you may not know this, but I really enjoy playing disc golf. Yes, there is such a thing. there is a professional organization (PDGA), there is a professional tour, and there are courses set up all over the world.

Well, the course that I have been playing lately is the one in Pasadena. What is really neat about this course is that it is the first course ever.

Now for my firsts...
I was playing on Sunday with a buddy, Ken Brown, and I threw a 9 under. This was my best score so far and I was jazzed. During the round I had 11 birdies and 2 boggies. I birdied 2 holes that I had never birdied before. And during the round I threw 6 birdies in a row.

Here are some things that I learned about myself...

One of the techniques that I used to help myself stay present was to clap my hands and think or say out loud, "Let go of the past." This actually worked very well.

Another thing that I found very interesting was that when I was at 7 under with 3 holes left, I was feeling nervous. All I had to do at that time was throw pars and I would get my personal course best, but I actually felt the nervousness. Huh!

I get anxious at the dawn of success. Something to notice.

No comments: