Tuesday, April 8, 2008

How cool is it to be

I was thinking this morning about how cool it is to be. When you think about it, it is a really great gift that we have been given. I mean, you can be anything. Anything!

This is one thing that we get to decide. We hear it growing up... What do you want to be when you get older? We ask ourselves when we are older... Who am I?

Do we ever really answer the question? Do we ever really get clear on who we are? Who we be?

I believe that this is where a lot of emotional pain comes from. We just don't get clear on who we are. We search for ways to define ourselves, but never look within. We listen to others and give them the power to answer this most important question. We try to define ourselves based on what we do or our profession.

I am a chiropractor.
I am a father.
I am a carpenter.

Who are you really?

What part of the play of life are you here to play?

I think that we get fearful of the bigness of the part that we are to play. We all get butterflies as we are about to step up onto the stage.

Here is what I have determined is my be. Who am I?

I notice within myself that sharing this is somewhat personal and a little scary. Here it goes anyway...

I am a messenger of God. My beingness is that of a channel of Truth and Understanding. I bring forth Clarity. Before you go running to the hills yelling about what a crazy person Dr. Dale is, consider this... Aren't we all messengers of God? We probably are not all here to bring Understanding and Clarity. In fact, I think that a lot of us may be here to challenge Understanding and Truth.

Either way, we are here to sing our special voice into the world. We are here to expand, grow and experience. We are here to dance our dance. We are here to express all of the goodness from within out into the world. We are here to perceive the Beauty in everything and everyone and share the Light. I like that ... perceive the Beauty and share the Light.

I am a perceiver of the Beauty and a sharer of the Light. Run for the hills!! : )

No comments: